Wednesday 14 July 2010

Youtube and Goodle videos

I must admit, You Tube is very popular with myself and the children in our home, I normally use it mainly to watch old songs from years gone by on Top of the Pops and various clips from old programmes from my youth. I followed the instructions and went to Youtube education's Health and medicine section, and picked a very informative section on diabete's, as my daughter had been diagnosed with the condition just before Christmas, as I don't tend to get too involved in the injecting and diet myself being at work most of the time, and as we've also introduced the carb counting to meal times when we have to weigh each item of food so she has enough carbs etc - the healthy diet video I found on youtube was very interesting and helped alot with understanding a diebetic's diet.




Staying with youtube and the my main use of watching videso, I've gone down memory lane with Mud's appearance on Top of the Pops with Tigerfeet, a great song and some great dancing...In this day and age of all these covers....No one's attempted to cover this classic....I wonder why not.




I hadn't used Google videos before, but it seem very straight forward, just an initial problem when embedding the video, but I sorted it out, although most youtube videos came up when I went through Google videos, but I did find a variety of other options and using the video from sciencestage.com and found this useful information on Diabetes stage 1 (insulin dependent) which is what Beth is diagnosed with.


What is Type 1 Diabetes?>

All in all using Youtube and Google videos, I've found them very informative weither I'm using the Cambridge University Channel, Health & Medicine, or just for my own enjoyment, this exercise has been very useful.

1 comment:

  1. very glad this was a useful as well as interesting exercise.
    I.

    ReplyDelete